Pages

Friday 4 April 2014

Lucas's 100 Word Challenge - Week #28

Scream of the dead 
 An ear-piercing scream echoed through the woods, shattering all silence of the night. I left the body and dashed away, my knife leaving a trail of blood behind me, the deed was done.
You could call me ruthless but I know what I am, I know.
The Loxa were closing in, my hopes were being defied, I thought I had enough time but I was wrong. Surrounded. Their red beady eyes fixed on me, It was hopeless until… I pulled my knife out and pressed the button. The thick blade and separated into pieces, then I hurled my razor blades at them, and that’s when the trigger was pulled.

2 comments:

  1. I love the repetition of 'I know what I am, I know.' I also like how you are able to move between the tenses effortlessly Lucas which is tricky to do. I am desperate to know who, or what, the Loxa are...and who pulled the trigger?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic imagination you have Lucas. You created so much suspense and panic in such a short piece of writing, and left the reader with a cliff-hanger that I think they are probably really wanting to know the answer to! Keep up the great writing,
    Nicola Richardson, Team 100wc, Tyne and Wear, UK

    ReplyDelete